The Youth Council of Romania (YCR)
We represent the young people from Romania at national and international level!
The purpose of YCR
The purpose of the Youth Council of Romania is to act for the defense and the promotion of the rights of the Romanian young people in the country and above, as well as in order to increase their active participation in the life of the communities they belong to. The YCR supports and sustain the common interests of his members at local, regional, national, European and international level.
In its 13 years of activity, the YCR has assumed the mission to ensure the presence of a strong voice of young people at institutional and public level in the process of developing public policies that target young people and which can have an significant impact on young people, including in the fields that target occupation, education, health, civic and political participation and volunteering.
In this regard, the YCR represents the main non-governmental partner on youth issues in relation to central authorities and public institutions empowered in the field of youth policies.
Currently, the YCR brings together 22 federative structures, with a network over 400 youth organizations, being the only structure in Romania affiliated to the European Youth Forum and the World Assembly of Youth.
- lobby and advocacy activities for the rights and the interests of young people;
- organizing conferences, symposiums, congresses, round tables, seminars etc. on various fields of interest for young people;
- conducting specific studies and research;
- organizing information and awareness campaigns;
- organizing training courses and professional development in different fields of activity and levels of preparation;
- providing advice and guidance in the field of academic and professional training;
- providing expert services, consulting, formation and training for individuals, non-governmental organizations or other interested legal persons;
- elaborating and editing courses, manuals, scientific publications, information and training materials, magazines, albums, brochures etc.;
- recruitment, training and placement of qualified personnel, especially young people, for interested legal persons from the country and abroad;
- establishment and administration of information and advisory points;
- setting up and managing entrepreneurial development centers;
- establishment and administration of training centers and competence assessment centers.
- The General Assembly
- The Permanent Bureau
- The Board of Directors
- The Control and Arbitration Commission
- The Commission of Censors
Affiliates and national collaborations
The Alliance for a Clean RomaniaWe are working within the Alliance for a Clean Romania, a civic movement that addresses to the large public and has an extensive network of persons and organizations, NGOs, trade unions, companies, institutions that promote the principles of a good governance.